ARBITRATION IDOL x HKACB x HK45
Arbitration Idol is back this year, partnering with the Hong Kong Arbitration Charity Ball (HKACB) and HK45! Donate to local Hong Kong charities here (https://paypal.me/hkacb) and send your details and proof of payment via Google Forms (https://bit.ly/3T629t4) by 25 October 2022 and have the chance to win a digital coffee break with leading arbitration practitioners with a connection to Hong Kong and/or Asia.
The title, Arbitration Idol, is a play on the name of the American talent show “American Idol”. All of our Idols have committed to having a 30-minute virtual coffee break with one of our winners.
This year’s Arbitration Idols are:
· Mariel Dimsey, HKIAC Secretary-General
· Gavin Denton, Head of Arbitration Chambers
· Kevin Kim, Partner, Peter & Kim
· Dr. Mingchao Fan, Executive Vice-President of Shanghai Arbitration Commission and Chairman of the Arbitration Commission of the Chinese Football Association
· Justin D’Agostino MH, Global CEO, Herbert Smith Freehills
· Sarah Grimmer, Independent Arbitrator
· Janet Walker, Independent Arbitrator
· Brenda Horrigan, Independent Arbitrator
· Sheila Ahuja, Partner, Allen & Overy
· Arthur Dong, Partner, JunHe LLP
What is Arbitration Idol?
Arbitration Idol was founded in 2020 by Chris Campbell, host of the “Tales of the Tribunal” podcast, Svenja Wachtel, founder of the “Digital Coffee Break in Arbitration” interview series, and Amanda Lee, Founder of Careers in Arbitration, with the purpose of raising funds for charitable purposes.
Arbitration Idol was established to provide the arbitration and wider legal communities with the opportunity to donate to a worthy cause for the chance to win a virtual coffee with leaders in the field of international arbitration from across the globe, at a time when networking in person was impossible due to the pandemic.
We were delighted to welcome leaders such as Funke Adekoya SAN, Gary Born, Gabrielle Kaufmann-Kohler, Toby Landau QC, Lucy Reed and many more to the first edition.
Given the success of the first edition of Arbitration Idol, the founders ran Arbitration Idol 2.0 in July 2021. Arbitration Idol 1.0 and 2.0 raised a total of EUR4,258 for UNICEF thanks to the generosity of its supporters.
Arbitration Idol x HKACB x HK45
This year’s Special Regional Edition of Arbitration Idol focuses on the Hong Kong market, in collaboration with HKACB and HK45.
The Hong Kong Arbitration Charity Ball (HKACB) is held annually to raise funds to support local Hong Kong charities and assist in the development of arbitration across Asia.
The chosen charities for the Ball this year are two local Hong Kong charities:
· Refugee Union, which aims to safeguard refugee rights and improve the protection, well-being and future prospects of all refugees.
· Wise (Women in Sports Empowered Hong Kong) Women, which empowers, educates and connects women and girls to realise their aspirations through sport.
HK45 is a group for all young arbitration practitioners in Asia and beyond. Set up under the HKIAC, HK45 aims to promote interest in arbitration and provide members the opportunities for both professional development and social interaction.
As with our previous editions, all proceeds will go to charity.
You can make a donation at https://paypal.me/hkacb.
We recommend a minimum donation of HKD 150 (around USD 20).
To be in to win a digital coffee, it is important that you fill in this Google Form with your name, email and proof of payment: https://bit.ly/3T629t4. If you do not do this, you will not be in the draw!
The draw will take place in/around 26 October 2022 and the winners will be notified thereafter.
Email Lizzie Chan at email@example.com.
Your organising team are: Amanda Lee | Chris Campbell | Elizabeth Chan | Lucille Kante | Murphy Mok | Svenja Wachtel